Employment Opportunity - Grader Operator
Posted: April 7, 2017
The Rural Municipality of Portage la Prairie is accepting applications for the position of Grader Operator.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- The ability to efficiently and effectively operate a grader and/or,
- The ability to also operate heavy equipment such as crawlers, excavators, loaders and semi’s (if so licensed),
- Ability to work in a shop environment and when not operating machinery, perform mechanical and service work on all equipment including ½ tons, unsupervised,
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Province of Manitoba driver’s license,
- Clear driver’s abstract,
- Having or be willing to obtain a Class 1 with air endorsement would be considered an asset,
- Must be able to perform physical tasks as required,
- Must be able to work in a team environment and with the public as required,
- The ability to work evenings and weekends when required,
- Knowledge of the municipality would be considered an asset.
This position requires a high school grade twelve or GED equivalent, plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience operating the equipment mentioned.
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume with references and a copy of their driver’s abstract by 4:00 p.m. Friday, April 28, 2017 to:
The Municipality thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.